Congratulations to Tacoma Little Theatre (Washington) and their production of “The Pillowman” for their performance and win at the AACT Region 9 Festival. TLT will represent Region 9 (WA, OR, ID) at the upcoming National AACTFest 2019 in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania June 18-22. They are 1 of 12 community theatres from 10 regions bringing the best of the best of community theatre! I-ACT board members Patti Finley, Patti O’Hara, and Debbie Hertzog will be attending this exciting festival. Stay tuned for a full report!
Thank you to the following organizations for participating in the 2019 I-ACT Fest:
- Chaotic Acts of Theatre—Director Kim Labrum
- Daisy’s Madhouse Theatre—Director Ami Tain
- Stage Coach Theatre—Director Joseph Wright
Directors, cast, and crew– you were wonderful and we hope you’ll return in 2021!
Congratulations to Chaotic Acts of Theatre and their production of “Star Wars—Abridged”!! They competed in the Region 9 AACTFest 2019 in Spokane in April. Though they did not advance further, we are proud of their excellent work and their efforts to represent the great state of Idaho!
Special Recognition Awards
- Outstanding Actor—Ian Taylor,“Wasp”, Daisy’s Madhouse
- Outstanding Actor—Ben Hamill, “Star Wars”, Chaotic Acts of Theatre
- Outstanding Actress—Niki Magill, “Wasp”, Daisy’s Madhouse
- Outstanding Supporting Actor—Karl C. Johnson, “Wasp”, Daisy’s Madhouse
- Outstanding Supporting Actress—Ami Tain, “Wasp”, Daisy’s Madhouse
- Outstanding Director—Kim Sherman-Labrum, “Star Wars”
- Outstanding Cameo Performance—Kevin Labrum, “Star Wars”
- Outstanding Ensemble—“Star Wars”
- Outstanding Scenic Design—“Heights”, Stage Coach Theatre
- Spirit of the Road Award—“Heights”, Stage Coach Theatre
Directors and casts benefited from excellent adjudication from Dwayne Blackaller (Associate Artistic Director, Boise Contemporary Theatre), Sandra Cavanaugh (Acting Coach, Writer, Director), and Dennis Yslas (Exec Director for the Texas State Affiliate of AACT, Texas Nonprofit Theatres, Inc).
Thanks to all who helped put on the festival!!
The I-ACTFest State Festival is part of the AACTFest biennial festival cycle. The Festival cycle is an exciting process, beginning at the state level, with winners advancing to regional and then national level competitions. AACTFest features 12 winning productions from 10 regions, and involves community theatres in every corner of the country and on military bases in Europe.
Festivals occur on odd years and only I-ACT members are eligible.
Why should you submit your show to the festival?
- Come see some of the best theater from across Idaho and get great ideas for your next season.
- Meet passionate folks like yourself who are doing exciting theatre.
- Receive constructive feedback from professional AACT adjudicators.
- Energize interest and imagination of your group and motivate them to think in new and creative ways.
The AACTFest 2019 Handbook is available online at aact.org/handbook.